Friday, September 17, 2010

eConnect Requester Crashes with "Run-time error 3265: Item cannot be found in the collection..."

Today I was trying to setup an eConnect Requester integration on a client's test database.  I launched eConnect Requester, changed the connection to point to the Test database, and when I clicked OK, I received this error:

Run-time error '3265':  Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

eConnect Requester works fine with the production database, and lists all of the available eConnect Out objects, but as soon as I pointed it to the test DB, it would crash.

After puzzling over it for a while and trying a few different things with no success, I went back to the Requester and looked at the connection string settings.  When the connection window opened, for some reason the Provider tab defaulted to the Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers. 

I saw this at the time, and paused for a second, but I figured that the ODBC provider should work.  Well, since the Requester clearly wasn't working, I decided to try the more familiar Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.

Once I switched the provider, and entered the SQL Server Name instead of the ODBC DSN, eConnect Requester worked fine.

Sure enough, the documentation for eConnect 9 does state that you should choose the OLE DB Provider for SQL Server.

It seems that there is a good reason for this!

No comments: