In the scenario, the client needed the following price structure:
- Flat Retail Price
- Flat Wholesale Price
- Discounts based on Wholesale Price (% Off)
So, to accomplish this in Extended Pricing, here is what we did...
- Establish the Base Price Book to contain the Wholesale Prices of items
- The Price Type in this case would be Net Price since it is a fixed dollar amount
- This will allow it to be treated as the List Price of the item
- Establish a Wholesale Price Sheet
- The Price Type in this case would be Percent of List as 100%, and it would be set to Base Adjusted Price on- Base Price Book
- This may seem redundant, but I thought it would make for better visibility in terms of what is assigned to customers and items in terms of pricing
- Establish a Retail Price Sheet
- The Price Type in this case would be Net Price, with the fixed dollar amount
- Establish a Discount Price Sheet(s)
- The Price Type in this case would be Percent of List, with Base Adjusted Price On Base Price Book
Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a senior managing consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.