- User could run a billing generation process when logged in on the server
- User could not run process when logged in to their local install
- SA could not run process when logged in to their local install
- Set up new user, still could not run process
- Happened from multiple workstations
- Spent hours and hours on phone with third party product, as it was perceived to be a code issue
Here's a blog post on how to set up an ODBC connection properly for GP (or let the installation automatically create the ODBC connection to avoid issues):
Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a senior managing consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.