Monday, July 30, 2012

SQL Server Reporting Services Configuration Manager error: Invalid class

Today I was going to work on a SQL Server Reporting Services project, so I logged on to a GP server with SQL Server 2008 R2 and launched Reporting Services Configuration Manager to see if SSRS was configured.

When I tried to connect to the Reporting Services server, I received the very informative error:

"Invalid class"


After some Googling, I decided to check the status of the SSRS Service.  The service was not running.


Starting the SSRS service resolved the issue and the useless error message went away!

Steve Endow is a Dynamics GP Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified IT Professional in Los Angeles.  He is also the owner of Precipio Services, which provides Dynamics GP integrations, customizations, and automation solutions.

http://www.precipioservices.com

2 comments:

snowyG said...

Hey. I'm using SSRS 2012 and I'm experiencing the same problem. My services are all running. Restarting the service doesn't solve the problem. It works if I use two other server names from two separate VMs, but when I try to use the one that's supposed to be local, it's not working.

razvantim said...

For me, a system reboot fixed the problem