Friday, May 4, 2012

Promising Performance Bumps in MR 2012

I know that I have been pretty vocal in my overall love for Management Reporter.  Not that FRx was horrible, its just that Management Reporter is moving in such a great direction.  So it has always been a bit frustrating to me to get bogged down in the performance issues with MR-- just because it takes away from all the great aspects of it. 

So I was excited when we had an opportunity to put MR 2012 in to a test environment.  Now, in this case, we were testing with AX (which MR now has a completely different underlying data mart model), but the performance increase was nothing short of amazing.  I am talking about cutting report processing time by over 99%.  Wow.

Now, I don't expect that same level of improvement when it comes to GP (but, then again, GP did not seem to exhibit the same extreme performance issues as AX-- which may be not only due to the product but also due to the client base/size for each), but it does get me excited to get MR 2012 in to play (not to mention the missing account detection functionality that comes with it).

Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a supervising consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.


2 comments:

Mary Singh said...

Hi Christina
Thanks for your post. I am however very keen on knowing your experience with GP. I am scheduled to move to the latest release of MR and my biggest concern is performance

Mary Singh

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Mary--

I don't have any benchmarks for GP quite yet, as I mention in the post. I have heard that there will be improvements, but I don't know to what degree-- as they didn't make the sort of change they did with AX (Moving to the data mart model).

Take care,
Christina