Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Integration Manager 11 / 2010 Error: Invalid object name SY00100

By Steve Endow

This week I helped someone troubleshoot and refine an Integration Manager script for use on GP 2010.

The integration is for a GL JE import with AA, so I fired up my dedicated AA virtual server.  I found that I didn't have IM installed on the server, so I installed IM 11 for GP 2010 from the 2010 R2 installation files.

I got IM installed and configured and tested the GL AA integration.  When I ran the import, I received this error message:

Beginning integration...
DOC 1 ERROR: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: Invalid object name 'SY00100'.
Integration Failed

The SY00100 table stores the name of the System database when the named system database feature was released with GP 2013.  I'm not an expert on the history of the SY00100 table, but my assumption is that it was released with GP 2013 and does not exist with GP 2010.  My GP 2010 version is 2044, or SP 3, which should be later than my IM install of R2, so it is puzzling.

I do have both GP 2010 and 2013 installed on this server, so I double checked that I'm using IM 2010 and that IM is pointing to my GP 2010 SQL instance.  And SY00100 definitely does not exist in my GP 2010 install.  So why is Integration Manager for GP 2010 looking for a table that only exist in GP 2013?

I'm assuming there is some explanation, which I'm guessing relates to some version discrepancy with my GP 2010 installation, but I don't know the answer at the moment.

Any ideas?

Fortunately I didn't have to get the integration running on my machine--I just had to troubleshoot a script, which I was able to do despite the error.


Steve Endow is a Dynamics GP Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified IT Professional in Los Angeles.  He is also the owner of Precipio Services, which provides Dynamics GP integrations, customizations, and automation solutions.

You can also find him on Google+ and Twitter


2 comments:

Mohammad R. Daoud said...

Microsoft folks has added this table in GP 2013 to hold the name of the System Database! So each company will know where to go when using the Analytical Accounting.

Steve Endow said...

Hi Mohammad,

Yes, I know that the SY00100 table is for the system database in GP 2013, but this error is occurring with GP 2010 and IM 11.

The table doesn't exist, yet Integration Manager 11 is looking for it in GP 2010.