Tuesday, November 8, 2011

GP12 Update From The Partner Connections Conference

The past three days have reminded me of just exactly how old I am.  Vegas wears me OUT!  And I am not very good at gambling, either. I have been learning and mingling at the GPPC Partner Connections conference in Las Vegas since Saturday.  I presented a couple of sessions on Sure Step, and have sat in on sessions covering GP12, the new web client, demo tools, and the fabulous SQL report builder.  Very informative and fun few days.

I thought I would share a few of the most enhancements I heard about in GP12, exciting stuff coming!!
  • Business Analyzer can appear on the home page (Cool!)
  • Customizable area pages (Also cool!)
  • Select printer at the time of printing (oh, my, so super cool that it garnered applause...long time coming)
  • Reprint PM check remittance (much-requested)
  • Print SQL reports from a Dynamics GP form (I can't help but wonder if this is a precursor for SQL reports to be able to replace a Dynamics GP report similar to Word templates)
  • Subledger reconciliation for Bank Rec to GL (also much-requested)
  • Prepayments on purchase orders (yay!)
  • Bank rec void indicator, so if you try to void a check that is reconciled you will get a message (will help so many customers avoid this issue!)
  • BAI format for EFT
  • Document attachment (not quite document management, but it is a cool start...with the documents stored in the SQL server)
  • PO tolerance handling (I get so many questions about this, so I am very excited!)
Also, big changes coming in Fixed Assets, it sounds like a real overhaul including:
  • Historical depreciation reporting
  • Mass deprecation reversal
So, when will we have a chance to see these enhancements in action?
  • Feb 2012- TAP program
  • Mar 2012- Convergence
  • July 2012- Beta program
  • Sept 2012- GP Technical Airlift
  • Oct/Nov 2012- Launch activities
Also, I should mention one of the biggest enhancements- the new GP web client!!  Will post more on that later.

Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a supervising consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.

No comments: