Monday, June 6, 2011

In Search Of....Creative Management Reporter Solutions

I only have vague memories of the old "In Search Of" series hosted by Leonard Nimoy, although those long forgotten memories also recall a bit of creepiness and more than a couple nightmares prompted by the episodes.

Today, I am not looking for Bigfoot or trying to debunk the myth of the Bermuda Triangle, but I am in search of creative solutions for two Management Reporter dilemmas I have run in to recently.  I would love to hear from anyone who has found elegant/not so elegant solutions to the following issues:

  • Deploying Management Reporter in environments that do not have a domain/Active Directory in place
  • Dealing with large volume reporting, and the need to generate reports to the library for viewing as well as printing them for packets
I know that these are not "possible" today, but I wanted to hear from anyone who might have a workaround or even how they approached these limitations with their clients.  You can post on this blog, or email me directly at cphillips@bkd.com.

Thanks!

Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a supervising consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.

No comments: