Thursday, February 25, 2016

eConnect Requester for Sales Transactions doesn't seem to work

By Steve Endow

I'm having to setup eConnect Requester to simulate a client environment and modify an existing Dynamics GP eConnect integration.  I opened the eConnect Requester Setup, selected the Insert tab, checked the box for Sales_Transaction - SOP10100, and clicked Update.

I then entered a SOP Invoice, but when I checked the eConnect_Out database table, but it was empty.  Puzzled, I double checked the Requester Setup selection, but it looked okay.

I then ran a SQL Profiler trace while entering a SOP transaction, but I didn't find any trace of the trigger firing.

I then tried check the Sales_Transaction Line option in the Requester Setup and tested again, and this time I did get records in eConnect_Out--but only when I had a line on the SOP transaction.

I see the trigger on SOP10100, but for some reason it isn't firing.


So for some reason the main SOP10100 trigger doesn't work, but if you enable the trigger on SOP10200, you can capture the SOP insert activity.


I don't currently have time to dig into the cause, but hope to eventually look into it if I ever have some of exceedingly rare free time.


Steve Endow is a Microsoft MVP for Dynamics GP and a Dynamics GP Certified IT Professional in Los Angeles.  He is the owner of Precipio Services, which provides Dynamics GP integrations, customizations, and automation solutions.

You can also find him on Google+ and Twitter




No comments: