Okay, okay, I am not AX knowledgeable...but, I have been working on some Dynamics AX implementations recently with Management Reporter. And I came across an issue that I thought I would share in case there are others out there experiencing the same thing.
We created a number of reports with dimension sets, prior to their being data in the system. So when their was data loaded, we started running the reports...and there were no numbers! Yikes. We isolated that the rows without data were all using dimension sets. And if we used the actual dimensions instead of dimension sets, we would get data.
Erik Johnson from Microsoft took a look with me today, and confirmed that it seemed to be affecting any dimension set with more than one dimension in it. So, for example, if I set up a dimension set with one department only or one range of departments, it works. More than one department it doesn't.
It seems like it may be an issue with the most recent version of the data provider for Dynamics AX, as it can't be replicated on earlier versions of the provider. The version that seems to be affected is 2.0.1700.75.
I'll share more info as I get it! Have a great weekend!
Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a supervising consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.