Wednesday, March 20, 2013

What if...I went to Dale Carnegie training?

So, yesterday I took advantage of the Leadership track at Convergence 2013 here in BEAUTIFUL SUNNY New Orleans, and I attended a Dale Carnegie session on building trust. The presenter was awesome, very dynamic and raised some interesting points.  My coworker and I left with lots of great ideas about how to make our team better, and cultivate greater trust with our clients.

Number one item, we decided to hold each other to a No Complaints, Criticism, or Condemnation clause.  Feedback is fine, but not in the typical "gripe" way.  My task this weekend is to find a jar for us to start a quarter jar for anytime one of us falls back in to the old complain, criticize, and condemn way of talking.

I wanted to share the following video with you all, which was part of the session.  Really made me think about how we all contribute to our team and project dynamics.  Watch it and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue3hCVHtZZY

Christina Phillips is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Dynamics GP Certified Professional. She is a supervising consultant with BKD Technologies, providing training, support, and project management services to new and existing Microsoft Dynamics customers. This blog represents her views only, not those of her employer.

No comments: